A solution for demolding composite parts
Composite materials are widely used in the aircraft industry, and have become of great interest to other sectors, such as the automotive industry. The process of demolding composite parts from metallic or composite molds still performs less than the expected productivity. Moreover, it requires the manual application of demolding agents that can be harmful for the environment. Thus, there is a real need for a solution that prevents the use of these demolding agents.
This project aims to provide semi-permanent demolding features to the molds currently used in the production of large-dimensioned composite parts.
- Cost reduction of mold cleaning operations
- Improvement of the demolding process and lessening of non-qualities
- Longer mold lifetime
- Modelling & simulation
- Composite processes
- Metal processes and additive manufacturing
- IRT Jules Verne
- GeM (UMR CNRS, CENTRALE NANTES, UNIVERSITÉ DE NANTES)
- IMMM (UMR CNRS, Le Mans Université)