Composite materials processes
Our research team Contact the team
Our areas of expertise
- High volume complex preform
- Forming process
- Assembly & joining
- Additive manufacturing
Our offer More about
- Technical and economic evaluation of TP/TD composite manufacturing processes
- Design & development of high-performance, lightweight structures
- Development & automation of preforming processes adapted to production rates
- Welding and assembly of thermoplastic composite structures
- Development of robotized stamping/overmolding processes for composite parts
Our key equipment All our equipment
Our latest achievements See all projects
More about composite materials processes at IRT Jules Verne
Innovative composites processes respond to the challenges faced by manufacturers to reduce weight and manufacture complex structures.
IRT Jules Verne develops solutions that match product design and implementation process, and that enable the automation of composites processes with the objective to optimise costs, production rates and performance. Beyond economic performance, we work on reducing the environmental impact by optimizing the flow of materials into the factory as well as the energy efficiency of processes.
The Composite Processes team focuses on preforming for thermoplastic and thermosetting matrices and on manufacturing processes for thermoplastic parts and structures with glass or carbon fiber reinforcements. It works on industrial demonstrators up to scale 1.
Engineers and doctors dedicated to the development of innovative composites processes work in close collaboration with other IRT Jules Verne teams specialising in characterisation, monitoring, modelling, simulation and robotics in order to propose comprehensive solutions for each industrial problem.
R&T Manager, Composite materials processesContact us