Research on efficient integrated systems for the manufacturing of complex parts based on unidirectional tapes for the automotive and aeronautical industries
The FORTAPE concept is based on the development of new processes to produce unidirectional carbon and glass fibre tapes and the optimization of the automotive and aeronautical complex parts made there-of in order to improve the materials and energy efficiency while eliminating the appearance of defective parts.
The FORTAPE project has led to the development of a semi-industrial manufacturing cell and the production of prototype parts, including a local reinforcement of a car door panel.
- 30% reduction of material usage
- 20% reduction of energy consumption
- Elimination of faulty manufactured parts
- Watch the testimonials of the project partners during their meeting with IRT Jules Verne
- Visit the website of the FORTAPE project: fortapeproject.eu
- Composite processes
- IRT Jules Verne
- Airbus Group
- CTAG (coordinator)
- GRUPO ANTOLIN
- FRAUNHOFER ICT